Got a sweetheart who deserves some cookies?
Well nothing says “you’re a sweetie” like these cookies. You can even write it on the cookie with some royal icing if your sweetheart is super modest and doesn’t get the message.
This was my first time making sugar cookies ever and maybe it’s just me but I think that I’ve had better cookies. These were good but not ob-my-freaking-goodness-gimme-more good. I didn’t really mind though, I just really wanted to decorate some cookies and use my heartshaped cookie cutter. I love cookie cutters
3/4 cup butter
1 cup superfine sugar (I used white)
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups AP flour
1/3 cup white sugar
1. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla in medium sized bowl until pale and fluffy. Then add in egg, stirring til just combined.
2. Sit in flour. Using a wooden spoon, stir to create a soft dough. Divide dough in half, refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Roll out dough until 5mm thick. Cut out shapes, and re roll scraps to get the most out of your dough!
5. Place 4cm apart on cookie sheets, sprinkle with white sugar and press the granules in lightly.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes. cool on baking sheets for a bit then transfer to cooling rack.
*cookies will keep for about 1 week in an airtight container.