Cream Puffs and Valentine’s Day
This is the cookie monster making a post and valentine’s day shout out from SEATTLE! that’s right, I’m in seattle
It’s “reading” break (I’m not gonna doing ANY reading) which is like a spring break for us uni kids. So my friends and I are road trippin down to the states to take advantage of cheap shopping. I can’t wait to see all the bakeries! Seriously, vancouver needs more bakeries. I think if i ever go to new york I’ll gain like 10lbs in one day from all their awesome bakeries.
Valentine’s day is tomorrow. There are three groups of people when it comes to Vday
1. People who hate it
2. People who love it
3. People who pretend to hate it cuz they don’t want to make a big deal outta it
Whether you’re single or not. Go celebrate it. Get some friends, hang out with family, or my personal favourite, sit on the couch and watch some rom-coms with a tub of ice cream. It’s the only holiday where eating lotsa pink and chocolatey stuff is encouraged so take advantage of it!
Now onto these cream puffs, I’ve never made these before. If I had known how easy these were to make I would not have spent 3/4 of my income buying white tubs of them from costco! These are super easy and they taste awesomeeeeeee… go make them nowww. They pair nicely with ice cream and rom-coms.
the cookie monster
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 salt (I found the puffs to be really salty, I would omit this)
3/4 cup flour
1 yolk and 1tsp water, for washing
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1. Bring water, milk, butter, sugar and salt to a boil on medium heat.
2. Add in flour all at once and stir constantly for 1 min with wooden spoon until a soft dough forms.
3. Transfer dough to a mixing bowl and mix for 2-3 mins til slightly cooled.
4. Add eggs in one at a time, blending each one completely.
5. Continue beating til mixture becomes really smooth.
6. Using spoons, spoon small dollops of dough onto baking sheets and bake until light slightly golden.
7. Wait to cool on cooling racks. Then fill puffs with cream or whatever tickles your fancy.