The girl scouts stopped selling me cookies :(
And by girl scouts I meant one of my besties whom I call elephant.
Ever since she stopped being a girl scout I haven’t been able to get cookies!
Yenno those thin minty ones with the chocolate coating?
I was hooked from the first bite.
I remember buying my first box. I savoured them to make them last as long as possible.
Where did my self control go?
Years went by without seeing those little chocolatey gems.
Until…. I saw a recipe on Emily’s blog.
Bless her soul for sharing this delicacy with the world. She created the recipe by herself, isn’t that mind-boggling?
My mind sure is boggled.
These cookies are so goood. Even better than girl scout version (sorry elephant, you’re not offended are you?)
Homemade is always better, that’s what I always say :)
Even my sister, who’s SUPER picky said these were good.
I usually don’t trust testimonials, but trust my sis on this one ok?
Girl Scout Cookie Mimics
source: Sugar Plum Blog, with some variations
3/4 cup cake flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup mint chocolate chips, melted
chocolate chips/wafers/pieces, any type, any amount, for dipping (I used dark chocolate wafers)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Whisk together, the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and sugar together in one bowl.
3. Melt the mint chocolate chips in a separate bowl, let it cool, then add the butter and beat on low til combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture gradually and mix on low til all the dry ingredients are incorporated to form a dough.
5. Roll out the dough til 1/4cm and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter.
6. Place on cookie sheets and bake for about 8 mins. Allow to cool completely on the cookie sheet.
7. Melt the other chocolate in a bowl add the mint extract if you want more mintiness.
8. Dip the cookies into the chocolate with a fork then transfer onto wax paper. Let the chocolate set and there you have it!