About a month ago, It’s the Cookie Monster turned 3 years old.
In some ways, these three years have gone by really fast. I went from a 17 year old in her final year of high school, to a 20 year old entering her final year of university. I left my shyness, some of my uncertainty and cringingly-embarrassing memories (I was (and still am) a really awkward person) behind and grew into a more confident, self-assured woman. I put myself out there and tried as many new things as I possibly could, involved myself in leadership programs on campus and stepped out of my comfort zone to work in entirely different jobs. Everyday, I strive towards my goals of becoming a dietitian and baker/cake decorator. Each day, I absorb as much as I can, I am constantly learning. I know what I’m good at and what I definitely need to work on. I met hundreds of new people; hated some, loved some and was inspired by many. I made new friendships and dissolved the ones that just weren’t working out. I’ve become a mentally healthier person by figuring out what I want in life and what I will not put up with. I have grown into a more pronounced Connie because I finally got out of my own way.
This blog has done a fair bit of growing as well.
Just this past year:
1. Got a makeover by my sister, who was studying web development. She redesigned my blog for her term project
2. The Facebook page jumped from 50 fans to 211 (the major famous bloggers must be laughing their heads off right now)
3. It was the medium for my many outlets: cake creations, rants and all my feeelsss
5. It allowed me to stay connected with some pretty awesome bloggers. You know who you are
Just for fun, I thought you might be interested in knowing how much chocolate I ate last year.
I don’t photograph ALL the chocolate that I eat, this is the MINIMAL amount. I can tell you for a fact that I eat 6.89 times more chocolate than this
2. 4 bags of President’s Choice white chocolate chips
3. This honking Lindt dark chocolate bar, courtesy of my friend Jeanette.
4. Mini Toblerone! Courtesy of my friend Stephanie. I totally missed my mouth, whoops.
5. MORE CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!