Holy moly, when was the last time I posted? See, it was so long ago I don’t even remember it.
I work 5 days a week now and when I get home all I want to do is slouch on my couch. Work is tiring, especially if you stand for 8 hours at a time and plaster on the cheesiest smile for all the guests. I still like my jobs because I work with fun people but it just takes so much out of me.
Sometimes I wonder if I can keep my blog up like this. I post approx once a week which is barely anything. But I think about all of the people who read my blog and all the time I spent on it already. Just the thought of those 2 things can keep me going 😀
About the giveaway, I’m still deciding on what to give out. But it’s most likely gonna be some exercising accessory since most of my readers are really healthy ppl 🙂
Remember those awesome cupcakes I posted about last time? Those were seriously phenomenal. I’m usually a skeptic when I come across recipes with a superlative in it but these deserve to be called the BEST.
While I was making them I realized the cake itself doesn’t call for any cheesecake; that totally threw me off my rocker! But I tasted the dough and it tasted exactly like cheesecake! What the heck?! So I figured the plain yogurt in it must’ve given it that tangy cheesy flavour.
I’m a super amateur baker so these cupcakes definitely put my skills to the test. It called for whipping egg whites and then FOLDING them into the batter. When I read that my mind went :”dun dun dunnnnn”. I think I might’ve said that out loud too but that’s nothing unusual.
I had no clue what folding meant and I know how whipping egg whites can go completely wrong. So I whipped out Baking Illustrated (that is like THE OFFICIAL HANDBOOK of baking, I seriously love that book!) and learned what folding meant. Good thing I did because the cupcakes turned out AMAZING.
I brought them to work the next day and my friends raved about them!! They were still talking about them earlier this week!
And remember how I said my whole family hates the things I make? Well not this time! My brother ate 2 right after I finished making them and he even claimed to have the last cupcake and threatened us so we wouldn’t eat it.
My sister is gonna kill me for this, but..
I know you’re dying to make them now so I’ll give you the recipe 🙂
Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
source: Joylicious (her blog is under construction right now so I can’t find the link)
graham cracker crust:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 c salted butter; melted
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 c AP flour
1 tsp baking powder
12 tbsp salted butter, room temp
1 c + 2tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c plain yogurt
4 large egg whites
2 c coarsely chopped strawberries
cream cheese icing:
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 c unsalted butter
4 c icing sugar
Graham cracker crust:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Melt butter in a microwavable bowl then mix in graham cracker crumbs and sugar.
3. Line a muffin tin with paper cups and spoon in approx. 1 tbsp of this mixture into each cup and flatten with the bottom of a glass cup.
4. Bake for 3-5 mins then remove from oven to cool
1. Beat egg whites in a super clean bowl with super clean beaters until stiff (approx 3-4 mins), set aside until needed
2. Mix flour and baking powder together, set aside.
3. Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Turn to low speed and add vanilla, 1/2 flour mixture, all the yogurt and then the rest of the flour. MIX BETWEEN EACH ADDITION.
5. FOLD in 1/3 of the egg whites into the batter.
6. FOLD in the rest of the egg whites, DO NOT OVERFOLD.
7. FOLD in strawberries.
8. Fill each muffin cup approx 3/4 then bake for approx 20 mins.
Cream cheese icing:
1. Cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
2. Add vanilla and mix.
3. Gradually add in icing sugar until desired texture and sweetness
Yield: 20 cupcakes