About a month ago, It’s the Cookie Monster turned 3 years old.
In some ways, these three years have gone by really fast. I went from a 17 year old in her final year of high school, to a 20 year old entering her final year of university. I left my shyness, some of my uncertainty and cringingly-embarrassing memories (I was (and still am) a really awkward person) behind and grew into a more confident, self-assured woman. I put myself out there and tried as many new things as I possibly could, involved myself in leadership programs on campus and stepped out of my comfort zone to work in entirely different jobs. Everyday, I strive towards my goals of becoming a dietitian and baker/cake decorator. Each day, I absorb as much as I can, I am constantly learning. I know what I’m good at and what I definitely need to work on. I met hundreds of new people; hated some, loved some and was inspired by many. I made new friendships and dissolved the ones that just weren’t working out. I’ve become a mentally healthier person by figuring out what I want in life and what I will not put up with. I have grown into a more pronounced Connie because I finally got out of my own way.
This blog has done a fair bit of growing as well.
Just this past year:
1. Got a makeover by my sister, who was studying web development. She redesigned my blog for her term project 😀
2. The Facebook page jumped from 50 fans to 211 (the major famous bloggers must be laughing their heads off right now)
3. It was the medium for my many outlets: cake creations, rants and all my feeelsss
5. It allowed me to stay connected with some pretty awesome bloggers. You know who you are 🙂
Just for fun, I thought you might be interested in knowing how much chocolate I ate last year.
I don’t photograph ALL the chocolate that I eat, this is the MINIMAL amount. I can tell you for a fact that I eat 6.89 times more chocolate than this 😛
2. 4 bags of President’s Choice white chocolate chips
3. This honking Lindt dark chocolate bar, courtesy of my friend Jeanette.
4. Mini Toblerone! Courtesy of my friend Stephanie. I totally missed my mouth, whoops.
5. MORE CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!