Wow, it’s been a month since my last post? I wouldn’t have realized it if Brenna didn’t send me this blunt, but much needed reminder: Update your blog missy.
I don’t really have an excuse. Yes, I do have 3 jobs and 1 summer course going on, but between all those things, I do have a lot of time left over. Instead of doing more productive things, I decline all social outings (is anyone else an introvert?) and spend HOURS lying on my couch in my pjs just watching my backed up DVR with one hand on the remote and the other in a family sized bag of chips. Family size = Connie size. (Have I ever disclosed my name before?) I just have to stop showering for weeks on end then I’ll officially achieve SLOB status. Oh wait, I already do that….
Just kidding about the just kidding. I’m actually not a religious shower-er.
Alright, now that that’s on the table, I feel like we’ve come to a milestone in our relationship. I always want to be open and honest with you guys, even if it means disclosing disgusting information about me 😛
ANYWAY, moving on, here’s my month in a nutshell:
1. Baby bro graduated!!!! He’ll be studying Computer Sciences (nerd alert) at the same university that I go to!!!! Proud sister moment :’)
2. I delivered cakes and cupcakes to 2 events.
3. Took night walks along the beach
4. Had my first cannoli ever at the Vancouver Italian Day Festival. I kept calling it cannelloni =.= It was so good that I didn’t want to be bothered with taking pictures of it.
5. Witnessed a giant duck invasion.
6. Met a reader of my blog! She also bakes!
I was working at the Wellness Centre, when someone walked in and asked “do you have a blog?” I looked up from my clipboard and replied “yes?” Then she asked “are you the cookie monster?!” And I screamed “YYEAHH!!!!” Then we hugged and squealed with excitement (ok I was doing most of the squealing.) This encounter made my month!
7. Baked a pie for the second time ever. It also failed, just like the first one. I’m gonna stick to cakes and cookies from now on.
8. Made a Ferrero Rocher bouquet for my bro’s grad… then forgot to bring it =.= Good job Connie, good job.
9. Attended what feels like a bajillion weddings. (I’m an event coordinator)